Sunday, November 4, 2012

Exiting IBESR...Finally!!! Hello Parquet!

Craig indicated that we had some additional information...and I will try to share exactly what is going on now. I was out on a walk in the afternoon of November 1st with the dog and I got a call from CAN. Kristy informed us that she had received information that we had exited IBESR (part of the Haiti government's adoption agency)! Praise God! We are moving on to the next step in the process. There are still many steps left to go as I indicated in the last blog...but one more is done and that means so much to us! So now we will begin the Parquet portion of the process. (Pronounced Parkay :) Like the margarine!) Please continue to pray for us that the patience would be ongoing through this process.

Please also pray in earnest this week as we try to finalize plans for a combined mission trip along with a visit to see the boys in February or March for both Craig and I. Pray for God to move mountains so this will work. Two flights to Haiti is much less expensive than four if we can combine the two trips!!! If we cannot do this, we will likely have to divide up and head to Haiti separately. I will go to see the boys and Craig will go on the Mission trip. We would love to do BOTH TOGETHER.  I just can't imagine how bittersweet it would be to hold my boys without Craig there to do the same. My heart hurts just thinking about it. I would also be heartbroken not to get to see the kiddos at So...please pray. We will update when we know what we are able to arrange. God is so powerful...but I must believe that His timing and plan is always greater than my own.

Thank you for your continued prayers...we can definitely feel them!

Praising a God that manages the details!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

We Have Dispensation!!

We will write about our latest news soon (we were called today (11.1.12) by our agency letting us know that our paperwork is out of IBESR!), but first we need to post the below update written a few days ago.   :)

(Written 10.27.12)

We are pleased to announce to all of those following our adoption that we have had some great news in the last week! On October 23, 2012 we found out that our dispensation had been signed by the President of Haiti! Hallelujah! That is such fabulous news. This is the one glitch that stood in the way of our adoption.

For those of you wondering what a dispensation is....well in order to adopt from Haiti, there are several requirements. We met all of the requirements with the exception of one. We were supposed to have no more than two biological children. Turns out...the Lord has blessed us with three but we were still feeling called to adopt from Haiti. So, up to this point, we have been on a total trust walk. We are many emotions and several dollars into the adventure, and we were fully relying on Him to pull this off. There was a very real chance that the President of Haiti could have decided not to sign the dispensation. Praise God he did! Whew!

We are relieved to know that we are through this step, but unfortunately the road continues to be long. We are still technically in IBESR which is only one portion of the process. After IBESR we will move into Parquet Court, 1st Legalization by the Parquet Court, 2nd Legalization by Ministry of Justice, 3rd Legalization by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Attestation from the National Archives, several reviews, the adoption decree will be granted, the passports will be submitted for, a physical exam will be completed, the Visa will be issued and THEN THE BOYS WILL COME HOME. They will be citizens as soon as they get off the plane. Until that time...we wait....and wait...and continue to estimate that it will be another 6-12 months as we still don't have an end in sight.

Amazingly, the Lord has lifted our spirits and we are still doing well despite the waiting game. I feel like we have been given an extra dose of patience and pray that it will continue. We moved into our new home on the boys' first birthday, October 5, 2012 and have been busy getting settled in. We hope to have some sense of order by the time the boys arrive so we can adapt to twin toddlers as smoothly as possible. In the meantime, we will continue to nest in preparation.

We have also been excitedly preparing to potentially head back to Haiti to see the boys. We weren't sure when we would be able to travel back...but through some amazing generosity and the request for us to accompany a group from our church on a mission team going to work at, we will likely be traveling to Haiti at the end of February and beginning of March. We couldn't be more excited to accompany them on the trip and of course to see the boys!!! We are trying to put the pieces together and are still waiting for confirmation. Please pray for all of the decisions and for the Lord's will to be done in all of this.

Thank you for your continued prayers. I truly believe that it is by your prayers alone that we are doing as well as we are with this waiting process. We love you and hope that you enjoy the most recent photos and stats of the boys!

Elysee (Judah Elysee)
Weight: 9.30 kg (20.5 lbs)
Height: 67 cm (26.3 in)
Head Circumference: 46 cm (18.1 in)

Ellie (Elijah James)
Weight: 8.5 kg (18.7 lbs)
Height: 66 cm (25.9 in)
Head Circumference: 46 cm (18.1 in)

Judah Elysee (Elysee)
Elijah James (Ellie)

Blessings to each of you,