Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Baby" Steps...

Okay, so I contacted our international agency today to see if there was an update. The most recent information is that Maison's United States lawyer is involved in our case and is working with the adoption lawyer at the orphanage in order to figure out what needs to be repaired on our case. It is rare that he gets involved in cases, so obviously something is really wrong and it is imperative that this gets fixed in a timely fashion. It sounds like they are going to be working to fix four different things at once. We will likely have to request an extension to our U.S. visa process. I really don't have any idea how long this will take in the end. It sounds like obtaining the death certificate is going to be the lengthiest part of the process. A family we're familiar with who is also adopting from Haiti was delayed 6+ months waiting for their birth-mom's death certificate, so we'll see. Please continue to pray for miracles.

Recently we were informed of another family adopting from our orphanage and agency that has also had issues with paperwork and they actually have to start their Haitian paperwork completely over. So, I am trying to continue to be thankful that we at least don't have to start over from the beginning with the process; as far as we know. Please pray for this family and the many others that are finding out about random paperwork issues.

Sarah (our agency social worker in Texas) will continue to followup with the director of the orphanage and will make sure that progress is being seen. We will continue to followup with her. She is going to ask about a more clear timeline as this would help us to know if we should be praying about another trip to visit the boys, or not before everything is finalized and we can go down there to bring them home. If we are led to go for a visit, then we'll start the process of carving out the funds and figuring out the Sioux Falls childcare if that is the direction we move. We are also faced with Craig having surgery on a wrist injury on January 20th...so it will have to be down the road a little bit, but with vacation time and details...some planning time would be necessary anyway.

I have felt much less stress over the last week and am sure that the reprieve from stress and anxiety has been strictly due to the prayers coming from all of you! Thank you so much for lifting up our family in prayer!

Trusting,
Rebecca

9 comments:

  1. I’m sorry you had to deal with a lot of stress back then. I know that legal matters could be a little overwhelming, as it’s the most necessary part of the procedure. I hope things have moved on for the better. You still have a long way to go, but I trust you will get there despite the little mishaps along the way, and even if you have to work through it in baby steps.

    Olga Becker @ Upton & Hatfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Adoption

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Child Support

    ReplyDelete
  4. criminal defense Kyle TX 78640 Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. how to answer a lawsuit for debt collection in texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Overland Park Divorce Lawyer,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. accident lawyer in dc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Personal injury law in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. Boat accident lawyer

    ReplyDelete